TV Theme Trippin'

Another day at the office, another day of sifting through music. It's alright really, but I'm the kind of guy who wants variety in listening fare, you know?

Fortunately for me, I got my Creative with me and my big-ass headphones. I felt like TV themes today, so I cranked up the volume and tripped out while doing my scripts and notes and this blog entry here.

Sucking up sounds from...

  • America's Top Model - "Wanna Be On Top?" Darkchild featuring Tyra on vocals.
  • Alias - J.J. Abrams does theme songs too! Got the short mix and a longer 2-minute mix.
  • Aqua Teen Hunger Force - from Schooly D! Make the homies say 'Ho!' and the girlies wanna scream! Also got MC PeePants "I Want Candy" and other Aqua Teen gems.
  • Bubblegrum Crisis - "Waiting For You" has got to be one of the best end themes in anime ever.
  • Battlestar Galactica - both Bear McCreary albums, but my favorite is the "Colonial Anthem" which is an updated yet still majestic-sounding version of the classic theme. Also have the Richard Gibbs "Main Title Theme"- awesome, totally awesome.
  • Chobits - "Let Me Be With You" (I have 2 mixes- the original and a cool little remix version), and pretty much the rest of the album, including "Raison d'Etre".
  • Chuck - still updating my Chuck Soundtrack listings, but we do have Cake's "Short Skirt, Long Jacket"- original cut and TV opening edit.
  • CSI - Essential listening from The Who! "Who Are You?" (from Las Vegas), "Won't Get Fooled Again" (from Miami), and my absolute personal favorite "Baba O'Riley" (from New York)
  • Densha Otoko - the Japanese hit sitcom/romance comedy- great stuff they put together, but it made me appreciate "Twilight" by the Electric Light Orchestra so much more!
  • Enterprise - Ah. "Faith of the Heart" by Diane Warren f Russell Watson. Subpar Star Trek series, but awesome theme song.
  • Grey's Anatomy - got the Psapp song "Cosy In The Rocket", and at least 3 seasons worth of Grey's OST goodness!
  • Heroes - we have the opening 15-sec theme and that song I loved from season 1 episode 1: Rogue Wave's "Your Eyes"
  • Harvey Birdman - the voice talent who does Johnny Bravo? Yeah, he sings this one.
  • House - the opening theme is an edit of Massive Attack's "Teardrop".
  • How I Met Your Mother - "Hey Beautiful" from The Solids- both original cut and TV opening edit. Also, got Robin Sparkles' "Let's Go To The Mall!"
  • Malcolm In The Middle - Geek rock from They Might Be Giants- "Boss of Me". Plus a killer 70's selection- gotta compile those as a side project.
  • Metalocalypse - there's only one way I'm listening to Metal- and that's through Dethklok! I love the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle!
  • Midori Days - what really moves me is the "Mou Soukoshi" song played at the end of every episode. Lovely. Lovely song.
  • My Name Is Earl - what I really dig was DJ EZ Rock and Rob Bass' "It Takes Two"!
  • One Tree Hill - Sure it's got Gavin deGraw and Bethany Joy Lenz/Galeotti, but earlier on I was digging on Tyler Hilton's "Missing You".
  • Project Runway - Harold "Barefoot" Sanders came up with such a kickass theme.
  • Scrubs - got Lazlo Bane's "Superman", Jan Stevens' End Theme, music from Ted's band and so much more!
  • Supernatural - the show that got me back into classic rock. Got two seasons worth of OST music- gotta love it!
  • That 70's Show - Cheap Trick, baby, yeah! Also got both albums, so that's a whole lot of 70's trippin'.
  • Space Ghost Coast to Coast - play me to the desk, Zorak!
  • The Apprentice - some good ol' Philly funk from The O'Jays' "For the Love of Money". Munny, munny munny munny- Munny!
  • The Brak Show - straight out of Adult Swim! Also have the classic "Kick Your Ass" and "I Hate You Jerks" by Zorak.
  • The O.C. - got maybe 5 albums worth of soundtrack. Personal favorite though is "Dice" by Finley Quaye f Beth Orton.
  • Sealab 2021 Theme- by Calamine!
  • Smallville - Yes we have Remy Zero's "Save Me", but more importantly we have that lovely end theme from Mark Snow.
  • The Drew Carey Show - Cheap Trick's "Cleveland Rocks"!
  • The Sopranos - A1's "Woke Up This Morning" really gets me in that mindset to do some business, you know? Also got some great stuff from Madreblu and memorable lines from the series
  • Tru Calling - got "Somebody Help Me" by Full Blown Rose. Can almost see Elisha Dushku running around with those ripped abs of hers.
  • Veronica Mars - Ah. The Dandy Warhols' "We Used To Be Friends". It's actually the song I have set as my morning wake-up alarm. Gotta get me a copy of the Season 3 mix though- that version was cool too.
Wow, I wonder what other stuff I have at home... gotta check the PC later on. Such a frackin' fan-boy, huh?

Cheers everyone!

 

0 comments:

Just A Regular Dude Watching TV

I might be a media guy, but my field is really more into radio and marketing more than anything else. For the most part, it means that what I know about television is pretty much stuff just about anyone can know- so don't expect me to go technical or anything.

I'm just a regular dude who just happens to appreciate me some good TV.

TV has so much to offer- a show I like might not exactly appeal to your tastes and vice versa. And that's the beauty of it all- with just so much TV going on, there's definitely something for everyone out there. We even have our own guilty pleasures- and that's just all good.

Feel free to share your thoughts on whatever TV show you like (or don't like). As long as you're all mature about it, with a genuine desire to inform, educate, or just someone with an honest opinion- come, sit and let's talk about TV.

Cheers, everyone.

Other Blogs by Renzie!